Fit mom

Fit mom

Friday, January 2, 2015

Strawberry and Apple Chicken Sausage Salad

Between our vacation that was mid- December and the holidays, my meal pattern has been off. It's hard to stay on track through the holidays isn't it!? You are going to get off track a little bit, and thats ok :) I am ready to get back on board! Just need to stay away from the Dark chocolate. Those Brookeside Dark Chocolates are my weakness!!! I think we all have those few things that it just takes everything in you to resist right?!- That is mine!

On that side note- I DO have a New Year's group starting up to help you and I both get back on track! I  know right now I need all of the accountability and support I can get. If you would like more details on that send me a message through my blog or find me on Facebook!

I have never been a HUGE salad fan.. It is getting better. But there is just something about making salads at home that they are not the same as when you order them from a restaurant or they just don't sound as good usually. But lately I have come up with quite a few salads that are very delicious and unique. Take a look at my other recipes for more salad options! This one is really good. I figured its a great way to start out this week and get back to clean eating!


What you are going to need! >>> Not much!

- 1 link Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 package spring mix salad greens
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 medium granny smith apply, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese

For the Dressing:

- 2 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil (I used olive oil)


 For the sausage- follow the instructions on the package to cook. Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Combine the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.


Enjoy!! I can't get enough of this salad and I hope you enjoy it also!!

xo
Briana



No comments:

Post a Comment