Fit mom

Fit mom

Sunday, August 3, 2014

What do I typically eat in a day?










I wanted to share with all of you what my daily meals typically look like. This is what I was eating on the 21 day fix and have continued to stick to it pretty good. I will be starting up the 21 day fix again on Monday and am super excited! If any of you want to join my group and I you are welcome to. Its going to be tons of fun! These are what my choices for each meal usually look like. If you don't know already I like to keep things simple! I find things that I like and tend to stick with them. Once in awhile I will try a new recipe and if it is something I like (and easy to make!) I will add it into the mix :)

Here is the link to the follow recipes plus many more!
http://fitnhappymommy.blogspot.com/p/my-recipes.html














Breakfast- (8am-9am)


>Plain Greek yogurt with fresh/frozen fruit and honey- this took me awhile to get used to but now I love it and love the flavor that the frozen fruit juices add to it!

>Oatmeal pancakes…MY ALL TIME FAVORITE. I wake up in the morning excited to eat these! You can find this recipe on my recipe page!















Morning snack/lunch (11am-12am)
> SHAKEOLOGY :) I usually workout after breakfast around 10am then drink this. I consider this my lunch usually. Find all of my shakeology recipes here >>

http://fitnhappymommy.blogspot.com/p/shakeology-recipes.html

>> my favorite one! Chunky monkey!! Yummm





Early afternoon snack (1pm-2pm) 

I will eat a snack shortly after lunch just when I am starting to get hungry. This snack will usually consist of one of the follow choices.













>2 hard boiled eggs and baked veggies

>almonds and carrots
>apple w/ all natural peanut butter
>cut cauliflower with hummus
>If I have chicken in the fridge I will eat a piece of baked/grilled chicken and veggies
>a salad
> greek yogurt with fruit and honey
>omelette (sodium free turkey slices, green peppers, onions, salsa, and egg whites)




Late afternoon Snack (3pm-4pm)

I will usually eat another small snack from the list above. I would chose something small like either fruit or veggies. I won't have protein here since dinner is in a few hours :)


































Dinner (6pm-7pm)

For dinner I will have something that is in my recipes. This is where I take the most time to prepare my meal. During the day I eat go-to snacks. Something that is already prepared or doesn't take long at all to make. I take a little more time with dinner. This is also where I make extra food so that I will have leftovers. I make extra veggies and chicken.







_________________________________________________________________________________
I am ALWAYS thinking ahead and I think that is half the battle when it comes to eating healthy. Have options for all of your meals so that you are not convinced to settle for junk food. I do not write out my meals or have everything prepped for the week. But do always have an idea of what I am going to have for each meal and make sure that it is prepared ahead of time.

Remember, what you eat contributes to 80% of your fat loss. If you want to lose that belly fat you have to eat healthy. You can workout all you want but if you ruin it back eating junk and sweets you will not see results. Abs are made in the kitchen ;)

If you have work or are leaving town make sure that you pack healthy snack choices! Shakeology is a GREAT option for an on the go meal. Not to mention it is your healthiest meal. Pack other snacks that I have listed above and make sure that you have lunch/dinner/snacks packed and ready to go so that you don't have any excuse not to bring it with you.

Eating healthy can be fun! I LOVE food! I am always thinking about when my next meal is going to be. It might be hard to resist cravings at first. But after awhile it will become a habit for you and you will find yourself cravings healthy snacks vs. sweet empty calorie snacks. Have fun with it! Try new recipes and get your family on board so that you have that extra support! Make the change together!

If there is anything that you would like to know more about or questions for me feel free to message me! I would be glad to answer them for you!
https://www.facebook.com/briana.johns.5












No comments:

Post a Comment