Fit mom

Fit mom

Monday, November 3, 2014

Chicken Lo'Mein.. family HIT!!!

Here is another recipe for you! And I know I tell you that a lot of them are quick and easy.. and this one is also quick and easy ;) I think it probably took me no more than 30 minutes to make! The hardest part was cutting up the veggies.. which didn't take long either!

Last night while I was cooking, Neil was out working in the garage so I had to find a way to entertain Chloe. She tends to get clingy when I start cooking. She wants me to play play doh with her, push cars around the house, etc.. and I just can't do that and cut up veggies and fry food at the same time sadly. I am not super women haha.. Wish I had that power but I don't :( Anyways.. I turned on nursery rhymes on youtube while I was cooking and she LOVED it. She watched them and sang along with it! It was really nice to have her occupied with that while I cooked. Not ideal to have her watching videos, I know.. but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do in order to maintain your sanity and put food on the table!!

When I started making this I was a little concerned that it wasn't going to be a hit for either my husband OR Chloe. It has a little different taste than your regular soy sauce. BUT Neil actually said he liked the flavor better. He said he thought it had more flavor! And he ate a bunch.. so that a good sign!! Chloe also ate a lot of it.. and she loved the coconut aminos sauce! The entire pan was GONE. So that says something being there are only 2 of us and a toddler!



 Here is what you will need:

- Chicken, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced Ginger
- 1 Tbsp. minced Garlic
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Toasted sesame oil
- Coconut Aminos
- Sesame seeds to garnish




Directions:

1. Add about 2 Tbsp. sesame oil to frying pan and fry chicken until cooked through. About 5 minutes.

2. Add water chestnuts, celery, and broccoli. Cook over medium-high heat for about 2-4 minutes until veggies are softened.

3. Add green onion, almonds, minced ginger, minced garlic, and shredded cabbage. Add a splash of coconut aminos- about 2-4 Tbsp. Cook for 3-4 minutes until cabbage is softened.

4. Add sesame seeds for garnish (I skipped this step)

5. ENJOY!



Enjoy this recipe and of course, let me know if you have any questions about it by leaving a comment or contact me through my blog or find me on Facebook! Let me know how you like it!

Follow my blog for future recipes.. a new one coming soon.. BREAKFAST recipe this time :D






No comments:

Post a Comment