Fit mom

Fit mom

Saturday, November 15, 2014

1 pan: Cashew Chicken!

These last few weeks Neil has been deer hunting. Its so hard to tell on these weekends whether or not he is going to be home for dinner or not.. you just never know! Yesterda
y I was trying to decide what to make for dinner. I always go through these phases where I have an itch to try something new. Thats what this was :) Of course I searched Pinterest forEVER and couldn't find anything that appealing. I finally came across this Cashew Chicken picture- figured that would be easy enough and tasty enough to do the trick!

I re-did the recipe to make it my own with the ingredients that I had, including Coconut Aminos. I also made it healthier ;)

Next week is my LAST week with Body Beast.. you know what this means? I need to seriously get my meal planning under control. I have been slacking a bit these last few weeks. You know the typical excuses.. life is busy and throwing hurtles my way. But I have a goal!! I am going to look sexy in my bikini when we are in Mexico this December. And life's hurtles are not going to stop me. Absolutely not happening. I need to figure out what I am going to do after Body Beast though! Any suggestions would be appreciated! I am super excited for Insanity Max 30 to come out in December though.. that is for sure on my "to-do" list.

Anywho… here are the directions to this deliciousness. I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think and if there is anything I could alter or change :)

Your will need:
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken, chopped
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cashews
2 cups chopped broccoli
8 green onions, sliced
2 Tbsp. White wine vinegar
2 tbsp. coconut aminos
3/4 cup water or chicken broth
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Sea salt
Steamed rice or Quinoa, cooked (optional)

Directions:

1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the chicken. cook through on med.-high heat until cooked through and no longer pink. remove from pan and set aside.

2. Add the broccoli, cashews, and garlic to the pan on Medium heat. Continue  stirring until the broccoli is cooked through.

3. Add the chicken back to the pan along with White wine vinegar, coconut aminos, chicken broth or water, green onions, and salt. Cook on low- medium heat until the sauce thickens a bit.

4. Add the Quinoa or rice to plate and top it with the Cashew Chicken mixture. Enjoy!!


Let me know how you like it! Follow my blog for future recipes and always feel free to message me with any questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment