Fit mom

Fit mom

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Egg Whites and Avocado Tostadas

Hey there!! So I found a recipe a while back and I have been debating whether or not I want to try it.. you know those recipes that you pin on pinterest and then contemplate trying because you aren't sure if you will like it etc etc. Well thats where I was with this one. I found it a few weeks ago and ended up trying it this week!

Talk about an EASY meal.. all you have to do is cook the egg whites. That is IT! And then just put it together.. oh my heavens do I love meals that are THAT easy to throw together! With a 2 year old standing up in her high chair and refusing to eat lunch, who has time to make a miraculous meal seriously? Not this momma.

Ingredients: 
Egg whites
Corn Tortilla
Salsa
Guacamole or Avocado slices (I used HM guacamole)

Directions:
All that you have to do is cook up the egg whites and then throw it together like shown in the picture :) Its so simple!!!



Here are my recipes for my homemade salsa and Guac. ;)

*Guacamole*
2 ripe avocados
juice of 1/2 a lime
pinch of paprika
pinch of cayenne pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes
pinch of sea salt





Directions:
1. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
2. Scoop out the avocado and place in a bowl.
3. Add the seasonings and lime juice.
4. Either mash and stir together or blend in a blender



*Salsa*
4-6 roma tomatoes
1/3 cup cilantro
1/2 onion
2 garlic cloves
1 jalapeƱo
1 lime juiced
1/4 tsp. sea salt

Directions:
1. In a sauce pan, heat 1/4 cup water.
2. Slice the tomatoes in half and add them to the pan.
3. Let them sit for a few minutes on one side, then flip to cook a few minutes on the other side. Remove from pan.
4. The skins of the tomatoes should slide off.
5. Add the tomatoes and other ingredients to a food processor or blender.
** If you don't have a blender you can cut up the ingredients for chunkier salsa
OH>> And if you don't have a Ninja chopper, it is a great investment! ;)























Let me know what you think!! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment