Fit mom

Fit mom

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Turn a "mommy meal" into a "toddler friendly meal"!

This whole week I have been focusing on how I can turn MY meals into a toddler meal as well. Doing this will not only make dinner much much easier, but will make the week go by smoother also!

Meal prepping for myself has not always been something that I have been good at. It took me some time to figure out how it was going to work for me and what method to use. So for awhile I really struggled in this area and I think it held me back. I now write out my meal plan for each week! I usually eat the same meals throughout the week. Its just easier for me this way, and I don't have to worry about cooking everyday!! Which is a HUGE plus for me!

So this weekend we were sitting on the couch watching the movie Tammy and I was doing my work. I thought to myself, why on earth don't I just make this easier for myself!? Why haven't I been prepping Chloe's meals also and incorporating them with mine so that I can cook 1/2 as much?? (note: Neil works on the road during the week so its just Chloe and I, making it a bit easier) ;)
But honestly, why do I do this to myself every week?? --prep my meals and then have no plans for what I am going to make Chloe for dinner every night? Its craziness. I mean sometimes I do have a plan, but who has time to make 2 separate meals?! Not this girl!








So anyways.. let's get to it!! I created a meal plan that hopefully will work for both me AND my little one. :) And so far it has been very successful!

I will put the links to each of the recipes in here as well!


Here is our meal plan for this week. Basically we are eating all the same meals, I am just altering some of them to make them more "likable" for a toddler. Read on and you will understand :)







For the Egg muffins, I simply added breakfast sausage to Chloe's and cheese. For mine I left out those things and added red peppers. Super easy. You already have it all out so just mix up the separate bowls and add them to your muffin tins! Bake for 25 minutes and your done. Easy breakfast for 2 in less than 30 minutes. And this can easily be your breakfast for the whole week!

http://brianacitrowske.blogspot.com/2014/11/egg-muffins-mommy-and-toddler-approved.html













Today we also made some Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders! .. awesome alternative to regular Chicken Tenders! Still kiddish and fun :)

http://brianacitrowske.blogspot.com/2014/11/almond-crusted-chicken-tenders.html














I haven't made a recipe post yet for the energy balls.. but they are super easy!!

- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- about 1-2 Tbsp. honey
- Dark Chocolate chips, optional

(You can really alter this to your liking and just add more peanut butter and honey as your go to make it stick together better.)

Mix all the ingredients together and form them into a ball. Place them in a zip lock and store them in the fridge. :)






Lastly, we made sweet potato skins with Chipotle Chicken for dinner! We had this last night and Chloe loved it. It was very good! In the link below I actually have the recipe as well as how I converted it into a toddler friendly meal!

http://brianacitrowske.blogspot.com/2014/11/sweet-potato-skins-with-chipotle-chicken.html



I really hope that this was helpful for you to be able to visually see OUR meal plan for the week with the recipes to go along with it!
I would love some feedback. Let me know if this is something you like and I can continue to do it and post it!

xo
Bri








No comments:

Post a Comment