Fit mom

Fit mom

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I will get through TODAY.


Here I am… sitting here thinking about what agony these next few weeks are going to be and how HARD they are going to be to get through. I sometimes want to cry.. why you? Why does life have to be so hard at times?! This is not fair!! You are doing so good and then your life has to be shattered yet again. You are my idol. After all that you have been though and now you have to go through one of the most terrifying things in your life, you are still holding together strong. I don't know how you do it.

I was sitting in my bed last night thinking of you of course. I couldn't sleep because I could picture you- uncomfortable, lonely, cold, and scared. I thought to myself there are only 2 weeks left of this.. but yet two weeks in this position seems like a lifetime.. an eternity! Then I realized something. If I continue to think of things this way.. of course it is going to feel like an eternity. You are only promised today, so why not take it one day at a time?

This goes for everything in life. It for sure goes for working out and in your fitness journey. You can't look at how far you have to go. You should be paying attention to how far you have come and focusing on TODAY. Today I will workout. Today I will eat healthy… Don't tell yourself that for the next 6 months you are going to workout. Man does that seem overwhelming!? Just promise yourself today…

I think this is worked into all areas of our lives. We can't promise ourselves that we are going to get through the next 2 weeks.. its much to overwhelming and terrifying to think of it that way. But we can make a promise to make it through today. Today is a short period of time. We can go through our routine throughout the day and make it through one way or another.

So lets just make it through today first. Tell yourself that you are going to stay strong today, you are going to get your workout in, and eat healthy.. for today ;) You are another step closer to your goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment