Fit mom

Fit mom

Monday, November 24, 2014

Sweet Potato Skins with Chipotle Chicken


 Happy Monday! Or tuesday.. or whatever day it is for you :)

I am bringing you a new recipe! BUT this week I am doing something a little different.. I am going to show you how I convert my ADULT meal into a toddler friendly meal. I will also be posting recipes later this week incorporating this also. So make sure you follow me and don't miss out!

T- less than THREE weeks until we are on the Beach in Mexico.. You heard that right!! Know what that means?! This momma has to kick it into high gear! Today was day 1 of my meal plan and workout plan I have written up for myself and so far it was ok. I cheated a couple times today, not going to lie. But tomorrow is a new day and I am sticking with this! Tomorrow its double workouts. I need to get some food cooking in the morning to so that we have our meals for the rest of the day/week.

Something I don't normally do either is meal prep for Chloe. With Neil being on the road I usually just make up whatever comes to mind. But to be honest, that gets REALLY stressful. Especially when you have a toddler who is hungry RIGHT. NOW. This week I am meal prepping for both Chloe AND myself. Blog on that later also ;)
























Here is what you will need:
3 Sweet Potatoes
2 skinless Chicken breast
3 chipotle peppers, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups spinach
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. chili powder
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
mozzarella cheese (optional)
























Directions:

1) Heat the oven to 350. Rinse the sweet potatoes good and stab them with a fork all over. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes

2) Put the chicken in a dish and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil, salt, and pepper on top. Put that in the oven at 350 also for about 30 minutes.

3) Meanwhile, stir together in a medium bowl- olive oil, garlic, chipotle peppers, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and lime juice.

4) Wash and cut up the spinach. In a small pan "wilt" the spinach. (picture shown) Put the pan over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.

5) When the chicken is done, shred it with 2 forks and add the spinach and chicken together.

6) When the potatoes are done take them out and cut them in half. Remove the insides leaving about 1/4-1/2 inch of the insides. (You can use the insides for something else or another recipe- we will be using them for our toddlers) ;) Spoon a little bit of the chipotle mixture onto the potatoes and bake them *at 400* for an additional 10-15 minutes or until softer.

7) Add the chicken/spinach to the chipotle mixture.

8) When the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and add the chipotle/chicken mixture to the insides of the potatoes. Top with a little mozzarella cheese and place back in the over for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.




















How I converted this to a toddler meal:

1) Not all toddlers will like the Chipotle flavor. Although I don't think it is that spicy, some will have a problem with it. If you think it might be a problem, simple don't add some of the chicken/spinach mixture to the chipotle sauce. The chicken is extremely moist and delicious the way it is!

2) Instead of giving your child a potato skin, give them some of the insides. You could even place that back in the oven with your skins to get a little softer. Add some olive oil to them if needed!

3) For a veggie, we did broccoli as a side!

I really think Chloe enjoyed this meal. She LOVES sweet potatoes just like I do! It took her awhile to eat the chicken since I did give her the stuff with the sauce, but she dug into it after her sweet potatoes were gone. :)



Make sure you follow my blog for the future recipes I will be posting! And the ones I will be posting this week along with my meal plan! And of course feel free to contact me with questions and let me know how you like it!

xo
Bri





















No comments:

Post a Comment