Fit mom

Fit mom

Monday, October 13, 2014

Honey Dijon and Garlic Salmon

Honey Dijon and Garlic Salmon

I am no chef.. but I do love trying out new recipes! New is good. And THIS my friends, is GOOD! Salmon is not only delicious but it is very good for you. It can be a little spendy.. but its worth it! I got 6 servings out of this recipe! I cut the portions so that they work with the 21 day fix.. eye balled it :) 

This recipe was quite simple too.. let me tell you- cooking with a 2 year old in the house in NOT an easy task! Trying to cook while playing play doh, house, and coloring.. its a talent I have acquired :) I picked up the salmon that day so it was unthawed. All I had to do was mix up these ingredients, cut the salmon, and put it in the oven. 





























Thank goodness for my mom.. she took my daughter out on a walk while I was cooking tonight. They actually chased a bunny around the neighborhood for about 30 minutes. It was pretty nice to be able to cook in silence! (You moms can relate-- You are trying to be in so many places at once that you forget what you were doing!) They had fun and mom got down to business in the kitchen. 


Chloe approved of this recipe too. I was surprised. She is not a big fish fan and I have not got her to eat salmon before tonight. She took quite a few bites! 



























What you need: 
-1-1 1/2 lbs. fresh salmon (cleaned, pin-bones removed)
-3-4 cloves garlic
-2-3 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
-3 tbsp. honey dijon mustard.. (I used 2 tbsp. dijon mustard and 1 tbsp. honey)
-Juice of half a lemon
-pinch of sea salt
-1/8 cup olive oil


Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 and line the baking sheet with tin foil. Set aside.

In a bowl mix together honey dijon mustard, juice of half a lemon, olive oil, garlic, parsley, and sea salt. Whisk together. 


Follow me on Facebook for daily motivation and tips! >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment