Fit mom

Fit mom

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I am THANKFUL for my crazy life.

Today was our first adventure to MOPS. We have been meaning to go for a long time now and just haven't made it there.. you know, excuses.. I work tuesday nights so I use that as my excuse not to get out of the house in the AM. Lame, I know. BUT this morning we actually got out the door in time and weren't late! That doesn't happen very often in this household..

 (The picture is our shocked faces that we are actually making it on time. I thought we were going to be late for sure.)

Chloe was really excited about it. I told her we were going to see her friends from "school" so she kind of had an idea of what was happening. I didn't know that in MOPS you actually leave the kids in the "child watch" the whole 2 hours so I was a little nervous about how she was going to do with that.. but she actually did very good! I showed her some of the kids she goes to "school" with and she felt more comfortable seeing more familiar faces.

PS- I put "school" in quotation marks because it isn't actually school that we go to. It is called ECFE. Its an early child education class ;)

If you don't know already.. October is Infant Loss awareness month. We had a few speakers at MOPS this morning-- moms who had personally lost their babies either before birth or shortly after. I guess for me this was really heart wrenching because I have never heard someones personal story about something so tragic happening to them.. I mean, I know that it happens… but listening to their stories and realizing that these people are normal, their lives were perfect, they live in this little town in SW MN, and this happened to them is scary. Made me really realize that NOTHING in life is guaranteed. Just because your life is fine and "normal" (not that anyones life is normal haha) doesn't mean that something tragic can't happen at any given moment.

When we finished that meeting I hauled my butt up to the nursery to pick up my daughter. I hugged her and kissed her over and over and told her how much I loved her and missed her. She can honestly drive me absolutely nuts somedays.. like pull my hair out crazy. She is a 2 year old! In to everything and very demanding! Very independent :) She has such a spunky attitude. I want to start focusing on what I am thankful for though instead of looking at some things as a burden. And I am THANKFUL for those days that I am about to pull my hair out and lose my mind.. because it means that I have a beautiful daughter who is HERE to drive me crazy.

From here on out.. I am seriously going to try to stop and think before I start letting negative thoughts enter my mind.. when Chloe is super crabby or being a stinker about going to bed I am going to stop and thank God that I have her here to put me through this. I am going to be thankful that I have the opportunity to go through each and every phase of Chloe's life with her.


I got home from work tonight at 9pm.. walked into her bedroom to give her a kiss and watch her sleep because I missed her. She opened her eyes and lit up when she saw me. She started telling me all about her day and how she got to go see animals and cats and puppies! Nothing makes a mom more comfortable knowing that your baby is having fun when you are at work and that they are ok with the person they are with! After a day of work all I want to do is just hop in bed with her and sleep with her. You know what I mean? As crazy as that sounds.. I just want to snuggle with her! She is growing up so fast and I don't get very many snuggle moments now days. Maybe I will have to sneak her into my bed some night to sleep ;)

Feel free to reach out to me! I post on Facebook if you would like to chat that way or you can message me through my blog! Either way--promise I will get back to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment