Fit mom

Fit mom

Thursday, October 30, 2014

I QUIT! … my j.o.b. !

…..my job!!!!

I can't believe that I actually did it. I honestly wasn't sure if the day would ever come that I would actually be able to leave my job and be OK with it. This is something that I have been wanting to do but lets face it- These days its hard to keep up with bills, mortgage, groceries, and FUN expenses!! And then there is the flip side to that.. daycare costs and arm and a leg!

Ever since Chloe was born we had nannies/babysitters coming and going. I had to change the hours that I worked to fit their schedule. And it worked ok for us.. but it wasn't ideal. I didn't want to worry about working.. I wanted to worry about being the best mom I could be.

I am EXTREMELY excited to be able to stay home with Chloe and my future babies. Watch them grow and learn. And BE THERE for them when they need me. I will admit it.. being a S.A.H.M. is NOT an easy job. It is very very hard. There are days that I think I might lose my mind. lol… but in the end its all worth it. Those moments that melt your heart make EVERYTHING worth it. When i get home from a long day at work and Chloe runs up to me and says "Mommy I miss you." … how am I supposed to keep myself together..!? How can this little girl even SAY those words? <3 melts my heart.. I mean, LOOK at that picture. How could you not want to be with that little bundle of spunkiness all day?!

Another thing that has tossed around in my mind before is what if we have another child? HOW are we going to afford a nanny to come to our house and watch 2 kids? We would have to pay double.. which would turn out to be at least 1/2 my paycheck.. no it would be more than 1/2!! To me, that is not worth it. Its not worth being gone all day long and knowing that 5 hours of that day at work was solely going towards the person who is watching my kids.. I can't justify that. For some people, that is ok with them. But I just can't let myself be away from Chloe for that long and know that I am working in order to pay someone to watch her. It makes not a bit of sense to me.

Now I get to stay at home with Chloe and our future kids and watch them grow up!! WOW.. I never ever imagined that this would be my life!! I just had a slap in the face moment… About 3 years ago I would have NEVER imagined myself even being a mom. Once I was a mom I never thought I would actually be able to be a stay at home mom!!.. being young parents and all :)  And now look!!! Here I am, quitting my job!! Feels fantastic. <3

Picture yourself.. 5 years, 10 years from now.. where are you? WHO are you?? Are you happy?? … If you are unsure of these things make a change for yourself. You are the only one in control. Grab the steering wheel and take your life where you want to go! No exceptions. Never settle. You my darling, are worth it! Design your life.

xoxo,

Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment